A Look into Calypso, a talk by Matías Ventura at WordCamp Europe 2016, is an engaging survey of the open source technology running the new WordPress.com publishing interface. Why it’s important, what it’s made of, the values and principles that guide it, and how to use it today for your own projects.
Links and resources mentioned in the video below. You can also download the slides (PDF, 10.4 MB).
- Calypso GitHub repository
- WP.com REST API
- React JS library
- webpack, a module bundler
- Sass, CSS with superpowers
- page.js, a client-side router
- Redux, a state container for JS apps
- socket.io, a real-time engine
- Calypso documentation (aka DevDocs)
- Live gallery of Calypso Components
- “Our Approach to Data” article
- “Introduce AsyncLoad for asynchronous rendering by code splitting”